Employment Law for Employers & Management
Employers today need practical solutions to everyday employment problems. Numerous federal and state laws — in a constant flux of change — affect every business, large and small; therefore employers must tread very carefully and understand the legal implications of their actions.
At Faulkner Law Offices, we offer our management and employer clients the knowledge and experience of a large firm while offering the cost-efficient and personal services of a boutique law office. Employment law is our focus, and we possess two unique benefits:
- Decades of experience advising hundreds of clients in all employment-related legal situations.
- Representation of both parties — individual employees as well as employers,
which 360 degree perspective has allowed us to have insight into both sides, helping us to build a strategic defense for you.
What Types of Employment Law Services Can Faulkner Law Offices Provide?
In addition to employment litigation services, we provide compliance advice and training. Every day we see many preventable employment related claims; therefore we are strong believers in preventative advice. We advise and develop the following employment-related defensive measures for our employer and management clients:
- Developing policies and procedures on issues such as discipline, drug testing, design and review of employment compensation and benefit programs as well as advising on compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADAA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), wage and hour and other legislative measures affecting employers
- Conducting investigations of alleged wrongdoing and determining the appropriate course of action after assessment of the results
- Developing and administering employee severance programs
- Evaluating employee terminations on an individual or a large-scale basis
- Training leaders and employees on a wide variety of employment law topics and compliance with your organization’s values
The firm can work in tandem with clients’ Human Resources Departments, or Faulkner Law Offices can serve as its clients’ own Human Resources Department.